The Education and Certification Commission aspires to support and enhance the global development of music therapy education and certification systems, and uphold and maintain the quality of music therapy education and training across the globe through:
● the dissemination of up-to-date information on existing music therapy education and certification systems,
● the identification of a basic set of essential principles and framework in music therapy education and certification as a foundational guideline upon which localized education programs and certification systems can build from, and
● the encouragement of cross-cultural discussions and considerations on educational and certification standards across the globe. In a world of diversity, the Commission strives to model cultural responsiveness and support the development of locally pertinent music therapy education programs and certification systems.
● To provide music therapy educators, prospective students, and potential collaborators with up-to-date and relevant information on music therapy educational programs, certification procedures, and legal and health care policies impacting education and certification in all eight WFMT global regions by updating and maintaining the digital registry.
● To provide an online platform for the sharing of current music therapy research and educational resources from institutions of higher learning around the world by creating an online educational resource library.
● To uphold the quality and standard of music therapy education and training by providing music therapy educators and potential collaborators with a set of proposed music therapy education guidelines and exploring the potentials of creating an equivalency certificate.
● To provide support and respond to cultural variances in music therapy education and certification around the world.
● Revise, update, and maintain the digital registry of music therapy
● Survey, examine, and extract pertinent education and certification requirements around the world to update the WFMT music therapy education guideline that identifies a basic set of essential principles and framework in music therapy education and certification as a foundation upon which localized education programs and certification systems can build from
● Create an online educational resource library and compile relevant education resources
● Explore the potentials of offering a mentorship program to provide essential educational support to developing countries
● Explore the potentials of creating a global equivalency certificate.
● Create and maintain an international music therapy bibliography
Training Programs Databases
● Australia/New Zealand
● Eastern Mediterranean
● Latin America & the Caribbean
● North America
● Southeast Asia
● Western Pacific
● South Korea