The Global Crises Intervention Commission seeks to support the needs of music therapists affected by or responding to trauma/crises—both natural and human-made—across the world. The Commission facilitates communication and maintains a collection of materials and information to use in disasters or traumatic/crises situations, to inform and facilitate the work of music therapist responding to crises around the world.
● To aid in the support, communication, and dispersion of information for music therapists responding to the needs of people affected by disasters/trauma
● To send emails of inquiry and concern to music therapists involved in and responding to disasters or traumatic events around the world.
● To maintain documents, references and related research information on the WFMT website that aid music therapists responding to disaster/trauma events
● To network among music therapists around the world to implement best practices and informed trauma/crises interventions
● Develop a written outline of content for preparing for a disaster, responding to disasters and treating clients dealing with unresolved trauma
● Compile and maintain an updated list of electronic documents that support music therapy crises and trauma interventions.
● Compile and maintain information that summarize contacts and projects of music therapists working in the areas of trauma and crises intervention
● Investigate forums for music therapists to network about responding to disasters/traumatic events and on-going trauma-informed treatment
● Present at conferences and other venues about the work of GCIC to facilitate networking among music therapists