As you know, the WFMT is celebrating 30 years as an international organization. The WFMT Council invites you to continue our celebration year with two new initiatives: WFMT Contributions Project and Happy Birthday Social Media posts. Look out for an announcement in September regarding the 30th Anniversary song contest winner!WFMT Contributions ProjectThe purpose of this project is to assemble a collection of messages acknowledging various music therapists or professional organizations who have made an impact on the lives of our WFMT members. It is also an opportunity to share important landmark contributions that have supported the growth of music therapy internationally as determined by our members. Each week, a few of the contributions will be shared in the WFMT Facebook Group to help the WFMT complete our 30th Anniversary year with a bang!Here is what you have to do to participate:
- Write a short narrative (200 word limit) on a music therapy professional or organization who, from your perspective:
- contributed to your growth as a music therapist,
- made a valuable contribution to our profession, and/or
- made a valuable contribution to the global development of music therapy.
- Be sure to include your rationale for selecting this person/organization.
- Write a short narrative (200 word limit) on a book or journal publication that you believe has made an important contribution not only to the music therapy literature, but also to the global growth of music therapy. Please limit your selection to publications from the past 30 years to continue our 30th anniversary celebration. Please include:
- the title of the book or journal article,
- the name of the book publisher or journal,
- dates, and
- Download the submission form (here) and the WFMT multimedia license (here), print, complete, and send a scanned copy to Vienna and Annabelle by December 31, 2015.
Happy Birthday Social Media PostsHere is what you have to do to participate: Record a brief video singing a happy birthday song to WFMT showcasing the flavours of your own country or region and tag three music therapists to continue the trend. Please use the hashtag #WFMT30Rocks. Post this video on your own Facebook page, and tag Annabelle Brault or Rose Fienman so that they can share your video in the WFMT Facebook group. If posting via Twitter, please be sure to tag @WFMTinfo so we can continue to share your contribution.Check out the first few songs from Rose Fienman, Annabelle Brault, Kirsten Meyer, Bhuvaneswari Ramesh, and Centro Camino Musicoterapia in the WFMT Facebook group.Warm Regards from Canada,Amy Clements-Cortes, PhD, RP, MT-BC, MTAFellow of the Association for Music and ImageryPresident, WFMT