In this month’s blog I want to highlight the WFMT Publications Chair Portfolio.WFMT Publications Commission ChairDr. Melissa Mercadal-Brotons is the Chair of the WFMT Publications Commission. You can see her video here describing the commission, her role, and goals for the 2014-2017 term.WFMT Publications Commission MembersThe members of the Publications Commission assist Dr. Mercadal-Brotons in achieving its goals. These individuals are Dr. Nancy Jackson, Dr. Sakoto Mori-Inoue, Dr. Grace Thompson & Mgtr. Lic. Cristina Zamani.WFMT Publications Chair PortfolioThe Commission on Publications promotes the publication and dissemination of information related to music therapy worldwide. We envision information exchange between our worldwide members and colleagues who are interested in the field. The commission promotes dissemination of information about music therapy practice, education, research, and WFMT-related topics.Music Therapy Today (MTT)Have you read the last edition of MTT? If not, why not go to this page to access the free online edition of our peer-reviewed journal? If you are working on a paper, why not consider submitting it to MTT? MTT publishes articles that are related to music therapy education, practice, and research and is now accepting submissions for our 2016 journals. To learn more about the submission guidelines, please visit the Guidelines for Authors page (click here) within the MTT section of the Publication Center.SoundboardThis project invites music therapists around the world to submit sound files capturing therapeutic moments of their clinical work. The intention is to learn about the healing sounds in music therapy from all traditions and cultures around the world.How can you participate?
- Select an audio file (maximum 3 minutes) of a great music therapy moment. Make sure that the sound quality is good.
- Describe in one sentence the content including population, age, and activity. Add the location and year of recording (see examples here).
- Give us your name, credentials, city, country, and year.
- Make sure that you have permission from your clients /patients to use the audio file. Download and sign the WFMT Multimedia License.
- Send the above info to the WFMT Publications Chair Dr. Melissa Mercadal-Brotons at email@example.com
WFMT 30th Anniversary Celebration ContinuesDon’t forget we need your contributions to make our anniversary celebrations amazing. Please consider submitting a #WFMT30Rocks Birthday Challenge song as well as a tribute in the #WFMT30Rocks Contribution project. Information on these can be found by clicking the red text.Warm Regards from CanadaAmy Clements-Cortes, PhD, RP, MT-BC, MTAFellow of the Association for Music and ImageryPresident, WFMT